Sunday, May 23, 2010

Good News/Bad News

I offered my wife the good news or the bad news first and she took the bad news, so I'll stick with that one. The bad news is that I didn't lose 5 lbs. The good news is that I lost 3. I'm now down to 230 lbs. I think that's a pretty good accomplishment in 3 weeks, especially when I couldn't do much during week 2.

Yes, I'm disappointed that I didn't reach the goal I set, but it was a lofty goal. I'm excited that I kept on track, worked out and was still able to go out and have fun without ruining the diet. I'm going to have to find a way to balance the diet with going out and going to parties. The summer is just getting started!

Since I wasn't able to achieve the lofty goal of 5 lbs last week, lets see if I can have a repeat performance of this week. I'd love to lose another 3 lbs and be under the 230 mark. 220-something just has a much better ring to it. And in another 3-4 weeks, so will 210-something. Oh the places we'll go ;)

A quick note about working out. I think I've found a way to make it more fun to work out. I've turned the treadmill around to face the computer so that I can watch TV while I work out. If you didn't know already, I'm a huge West Wing fan. I just pop in a DVD, watch and episode and about 45 minutes later, I'm done. It's so much easier to focus on that rather than the time/miles/calories while running. I'm also becoming a fan of the cross training program on the treadmill. It really does keep it interesting and I think I burn more calories on that program than just running. The change in the hills is what I think does it. I'm just trying to find ways to keep it fun.

I'll keep you guys posted on the progress this week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you Brad, KEEP IT UP!! Love you and tell Leslie I said "Hi".

    ReplyDelete